Rare and exciting opportunity with a Public Sector Body who are seeking to appoint a Regional Chief Officer on a permanent basis. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Chief Officer is responsible for providing governance, leadership and strategic direction to develop the operational capacity and ensure the delivery of an integrated service. The Chief Officer fulfills the functions of CEO/Deputy CEO within the Region as delegated and is the most senior accountable officer in the Region. The Region will cover Cork and Kerry.
Please get in touch for a confidential discussion and more details around the position.
Overview of Responsibilities (full job spec available on request):
- Lead on behalf of and represent on all matters within and relevant to the region. This includes the integration of any service or function which does not report at Regional level.
- Lead the Regional Management Team in the development and implementation of a fully integrated model of service delivery based on national standardised models, including the devolution of national services into local regional management
- Assist the CEO and the EMT in the overall external engagement of the Agency including media and parliamentary processes as relevant to the function and Region. The Chief Officer will be a key spokesperson on a range of Regional/ National issues.
- Produce an Annual Business Plan for the Region consistent with the national Business Plan for the Agency and the performance statement of the Minister
- Will be the key point of internal/ external integration within the specified Region and will exercise the functions of the CEO/Deputy CEO
- Lead the commissioning and delivery of high-quality services to meet the needs of the population of the Region in line with national policies/standards/protocols
- Lead the implementation of a service delivery performance management
- Organise at a strategic and operational level the necessary people and other resources across a complex network of services to meet budget/quality/timescales
- Hold full budgetary responsibility and accountability for ensuring that relevant services operate within agreed service levels/budget and are delivered to the highest best-practice standards
- Oversee/ produce annual certification of Internal Controls and Controls Assurance and be responsible for compliance on behalf of the organisation
- Will be one of three Chief Officer colleagues to be assigned to be a member of the senior management leads for the sub committees of the Board of the Agency.
- Will participate in specified performance and development meetings conducted by the Executive Management Team in respect of the performance and development
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- Hold a professional qualification (3rd level) in a Health & Social Care Profession and / or management-related discipline
- 5 years senior management experience in a comparable size and type (service) of organisation
- Demonstrated operational management excellence in delivering services of significant scale and complexity.
- Have demonstrated experience of strategic planning and effectively implementing change and improving services.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael O’Brien.