Regional Buyer required with 5 years plus experience in manufacturing / distribution operation. Galway city.
- Lead and monitor the execution of the P2P and tactical procurement processes, in compliance with global and regional standards, in procuring materials and services for both internal and external suppliers.
- Oversee the effective delivery of end-to-end service globally ensuring the proper execution of the P2P process: from requisition handling, to PO placement and tracking, to PO changes, to PO close.
- Analyse key component/material consumption and make suitable recommendations to Demand or Supply Planning highlighting exceptions and opportunities for improvement as appropriate.
- Devise and implement strategies for buying commodities from supplier. Analyse global demands for the assigned commodities. Command proficiency in commodities and buying processes and update as required.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Accounting, Business Administration or closely related field
- Professional PSCM qualification (CPSM or MCIPS or equivalent)
- 5+ years concurrent experience in a Manufacturing / Distribution Operation
- Excellent project management skills, PSCM Competencies.
- Previous experience with MRP replenishment systems is required.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of ISO9001 or other similar business systems
- Experience with Six Sigma and / or Lean concepts is desired.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Oracle or similar ERP system, Agile system or similar PLM system
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Noeleen Stewart.