As a Regional Business Development Manager your primary responsibility is to develop the profitable presence across the Irish market through driving new business, profitable growth and incremental business retention. It will be critical to be involved in driving new initiatives, that will fast track our presence within the target channels as well as a designated group of key accounts.
- To achieve sales, margin, volume objectives for all business channels
- To help grow our share within the identified market channels throughout the Sales Region, specifically focusing on business retention, profitable growth and driving new business
- To develop channel and customer specific business plans and the successful implementation of SMART business objectives
- To work closely with the commercial team to develop channel-specific promotional and business initiatives that will grow the business profitably
- To be responsible for building and maintaining an accurate forecast for the territory
- To work towards achieving sales and profit targets for the designated Sales Region
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- To manage the designated account base using the principles of trade execution; sales execution and account development
- To work within the team to help develop a cost-effective, value-added logistics solution
- To communicate effectively with the commercial team and to build mutually supportive relationships with other departments and outside agencies
- To achieve credit control targets
- To be an integral part of the team investigating, recommending and exploiting new opportunities and innovation within the marketplace
- To help successfully manage change on an ongoing basis
- Manage existing customer relationships to ensure confidence and trust in the company, and in you personally.
- Have at least 5 year’s direct sales experience, including 2 years key account management with a proven track record in achieving sales and profit targets
- Have a professional business qualification or equivalent.
- Able to solve problems and deal with complex and ambiguous situations
- A proven communicator, with the ability to use written, oral and PowerPoint presentations to gain organisational support and enthusiasm for initiatives
- A strong team player, with drive and determination as well as an ability to lead and inspire other team members and staff
- Results focused
- Self-starting and ability to self-generate leads
- Effective decision making
- Business understanding
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving ability
- Planning and organisation skills
- Proactive approach
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Sarah Boyle on 016620088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.