- Research, identify, ideate, invent, conceptualize, design and develop new product development and create the funnel for new product development opportunities
- Analyse, align, absorb and accommodate customer needs vs field issues on product development and develop cost-effective solutions in the product development cycle
- Align with organizational goals and work with global teams in the life-cycle process of New product Development – involving research, design, develop, build prototypes and transfer to manufacturing
- Incorporate the concepts of ‘Quality by Design’ and ‘Robust Design’ concepts into new product development
- Involve in product quality investigations, provide support to resolutions and work with cross-functional teams in product quality improvement ideas and opportunities
- Contribute and demonstrate the application of the concepts of Design for Six Sigma and Lean in product development cycle
- Identify, develop and nurture vendors in the product development process
- Pilot and lead effective design control processes, tools and effective documentations
- Interact and implement all the quality system and regulatory needs of both in-house and external regulatory processes. Accountable for the QMS and regulatory system process at the site.
- Learn, listen and lead inclusive traits to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural and multi-locational environment
- Actively engage with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s), physicians and product managers to develop innovative medical devices to improve patient care
- Solve issues through information exchange, influence and active persuasion without the direct exercise of command to gain the cooperation of other parties on program execution plans.
- Contribute, mentor, lead and review the technical work of the team in the local site. to develop, nurture and maintain a high performing technical team at the site
- Lead, innovate, develop and sustain cost-effective solutions involved in product and people development process
- Ensure deliverables are met on-time plans and plan, budget and procure appropriate process.
- 15 + years of proven, progressive technological expertise with deep skill and knowledge in medical device development with broader knowledge on manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following (not limited to) new/innovative product development is required
-Delivery System development expertise – Coronary, peripheral, structural heart, Chronic total occlusion specific products
-Specialty Balloon and delivery Systems – Micro -Catheter, Guide Linear, Scoring and cutting Balloons
-In-depth product expertise in any one of the implantable cardiology products like AAA, TAVI, TVMR, Pulmonary Valve, Occluders
-Manufacturing expertise in Shape Memory (NiTi) based implantable cardiovascular products
- Doctoral / Masters Degree/Honors Degree in Engineering disciplines – Mechanical / Bio-Medical / Polymer / Structural / Bio-Mechanics
- Built and lead a high performing technology team in a multi-national environment
- Patents and Publications