- Reference: GJ43551
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Connacht, Galway, Galway City
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
- Develops products, materials, processes, or equipment for medical device products in the treatment of heart disease.
- Under limited supervision/guidance, compiles, analyzes, and reports operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified products, processes, and materials.
- Develops new ideas and technologies within an assigned product area.
- May co-ordinate activities of a number of technicians in an assigned phase of a development project.
- Interfaces with Marketing, Operations, Quality Assurance, vendors and possibly physicians.
- Defines, prototypes, clinically tests and transfers new product to production.
- Participates in design review and designing products and processes for fabrication.
- Develops production equipment and process improvements and innovations and is responsible for cost improvement programs.
- Ensures the efficient transfer of prototype and pilot products to full production status and supports these product lines on an ongoing basis.
- Communicates changes in project milestones and writes project reports as required
- Evaluates in conjunction with EHS new equipment/processes/chemicals for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects.Demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality.
- Understands and complies with complex regulations, including FDA & ISO, governing the quality systems
- Ensures all direct reports are aware of their commitment to patient safety and product quality, are current with their training requirements and that they understand and comply with all other regulations governing their work.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- HETAC Level 8 degree in either Mechanical, Polymers, Chemical, Materials or Biomedical Engineering.
- 2-7 years revelvant experience
- Strong R&D experience preferably in the health care industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good leadership abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Candidates should have a proven track record of working in a fast paced environment with strong technical capabilities and be capable of handling multiple development aspects of assigned projects.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please contact Christopher O’Toole
- Christopher O'Toole
- Principal Consultant & Team Lead
- 091 706713
- Connect with ChristopherLinkedINEmail
The attractiveness of the Midwest as a region to set up a world class manufacturing operation and source top talent across a range of roles was further endorsed this week with the announcement from Edwards Lifesciences to set up a European manufacturing site in Shannon with the creation of 60 jobs initially and further ramping […]read whole article
Question: I am responsible for managing two junior staff members at an advertising firm. They work on projects together but have their own specific tasks to carry out. When it comes to presenting their work to myself and my superiors, one of the members has a habit of hogging the limelight and claiming credit for […]read whole article
Everything you need to know to find a job, including; how to prepare a CV and cover letter, how to prepare for a job interview, how to navigate the modern job market, and much more.view more