The R&D Product Development Manager will be responsible for leading a team of Design Engineers & Technicians in developing their portfolio of exciting and innovative new products. This senior key position within the Device Engineering group will enable the successful candidate to demonstrate their broad range of development and leadership skills in a fast paced dynamic environment. In leading the team the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with other Senior Management levels across the organization.
- Lead the team in all elements of the Research & Development on projects from concept generation through to design verification.
- Guide the team in applying leading- and cutting-edge technologies to provide the optimum design solution.
- Manage the communication with the Project Management Office (PMO) to ensure a timely and optimised product design.
- Build the engineering group skills sets / strength in depth through growth and development of team.
- An engineering degree, or equivalent.
- 8+ year’s industry management experience in a medical product development environment.
Detailed Job Requirements:
- Technically steer R&D team members guided by a Staff Engineer across a number of projects.
- Responsible for the delivery of a robust device design in accordance with PMO plan / schedule.
- Liaise with PMO on Project Resourcing & Project Progress.
- Clear lines of communication with device development teams on project day to day activities, technical issues etc.
- Dashboard management and associated meetings to review progress against project KPI’s.
- Management of team members career paths in accordance with Global Job Framework (GJF).
- Resource planning and management and efficient utilization of resources.
- Providing input into new projects being reviewed by Lead Review / Deal Desk / PAC Review.
- Development planning for people to build highly skilled Engineering group.
- Working closely with peer in Process Development group to ensure collective robust design / robust process.
- Reporting device design and development progress to all key stakeholders and site leadership.