Senior R&D Process Engineer will be primarily focused on the introduction of new products & technologies to the Swords site. This challenging but exciting role will cover all parts of the technical transfer process and will provide a wide breadth of experience, from assessing suitability and requirements for new processes, through process development and scale up, to leading clinical and validation campaigns on the plant.
Senior Process Engineer responsibilities:
- Lead the completion of assessments (plant fits) for new products identifying plant suitability and any CapEx requirements.
- Lead the coordination of New Product tech transfer activities. Design how new manufacturing processes will be implemented in commercial manufacturing plants. Develop the associated PFDs, batch records, risk assessments for new products.
- Collaborate with R&D Chemistry group on process development and scale up activities
- Provide lead process engineering support for commercial products focusing on troubleshooting and optimisation.
- Lead the identification and implementation of new technologies for the Swords site as required to meet requirements for new products
- Lead process change projects from concept through to implementation & close-out.
- Provide coaching and technical oversight for less experienced engineers across the site.
The successful candidate will have:
- E. Chemical Engineering (Masters qualification desirable but not essential)
- 8+ years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical industry, preferably small molecule API.
- Strong technical background in Process Engineering and a good understanding of pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Ability to work independently and lead cross-functional projects and programs.
- Strong interpersonal and communicational skills, as well as excellent problem-solving skills and commitment to safety, compliance and continuous improvement.
- Good working knowledge of Process Analytical Technology (PAT), statistics and modeling are desirable.