The primary purpose of this job is to plan and direct efforts of departmental personnel in accomplishing stated design and development objectives for new products and processes.
- Adheres to our clients Values and all safety and quality requirements.
- Manages a team of Engineers and Technicians as they design, develop, and introduce new products and systems to production, both technically and economically.
- Manages the development and implementation of processes and equipment for existing or new products.
- Ensures compliance with our client product development process (PDP).
- Maintains process development expenses within project budgets.
- Investigates the use of new or substitute parts, different materials, improved processed, or automation to enhance efficiency.
- Provides appropriate training and development to subordinates to ensure adherence to safety, quality, and technical standards.
- Monitor technologies being used within relevant industries, by both direct and indirect competitors, to help our client maintain its competitive advantage.
- Responsible for championing continuous improvement initiatives in engineering technology, skills, and tools.
- Responsible for the recruitment, hiring and development of engineering positions.
- Performs other functions as required.
- Supports capital acquisition requests and leads installation/validation of new equipment.
Leads engineering resources in the creation of new procedures and updates/improvements to existing procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline. MS/ preferred.
- 10-12 years manufacturing and/or engineering experience with 5 years in a technical managerial capacity.
- Previous experience in managing new product introduction to manufacturing.
- Excellent communication and demonstration skills, both verbal and written. Knowledge of Six-Sigma and lean techniques.