The R&D Engineering Manager will lead a team of engineers developing Manufacturing Technologies & Innovation, Advanced Engineering and the Digitalization of Supply Chain at a Global leading Manufacturing facility.
The R&D Engineering Manager will lead activities that shape the future of health by using SMART technologies, Predictive Monitoring, Robotics & Automation, Adaptive Process Control and Data to best serve patients and clients concerned.
Overview of Main Responsibilities:
- Planning and executing R&D projects where the complexity of the technical problems requires sophisticated knowledge and scientific specialization
- Coordinating and managing projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and advising the integration of technical activities.
- Carries out technical and unusually difficult R&D related programs by exhibiting outstanding initiative and innovation.
- Showing a dedication for innovation and performing experiments, particularly when problems are encountered which require troubleshooting.
- Consulting & negotiating with stakeholders, partners and vendors to prepare project specifications.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the lab.
- Hiring training and mentoring other Engineering specialists and supporting staff.
- Preparing budgets, bids, review contracts.
- Passionate about writing proposals for government funding opportunities, with special focus on EU funding opportunities.
- Running the R&D laboratory efficiency by supervising workload of functional areas; identifying peak and slack periods; making operational or staffing adjustment.
- Execution of the supply chain sensor strategy including theory, design, and fabrication of sensor devices, and execution physical and biological sensing and/or control applications, with an emphasis on the mechanical, electrical, and electromechanical aspects of sensors and actuators for use in supply chain.
- University/Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Engineering, Chemistry or related field; Masters preferred.
- Minimum 4-6 Years Related Work Experience, including 2+ years of leadership experience with an engineering or technical team.
- Deep technical understanding and hands-on experience with engineering development systems, lifecycle management with a focus in R&D.
- Knowledge and shown experience crafting proposals for Government funding and opportunities.
- Previous experience of developing Sensing systems for physical and digital process is preferred.
- A passion for the development & implementation of Sensors and Systems, electronics, machine learning and data science
- A keen interest and experience in crafting an ecosystem to ingest sensor big data.
- Display clear and concise communication with technical and non-technical customers. Written and verbal!
- Flourishes with understanding ambiguous problems and provide technical challenges and solutions to complex problems.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Josh Barnes.