- Reference: 46466
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Longford, Roscommon, Westmeath
- Category: Medical Devices
R&D Engineer – Midlands – Medical Devices
We are currently seeking a highly organized and diligent R&D Engineer for our clients, as medical devices organisation based in the midlands. The facility in the midlands has centres for R&D, manufacturing and marketing facility providing new products to to the global market.
You will work as part of a small team in the R&D department and will report to the Research & Development Manager. Focusing on R&D activities for their various medical products.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Design & Development of new Products.
- Generation & Maintenance of Product Design Files
- Management of new product introduction projects
- Material Research, Sourcing & Testing
- Co-ordination of internal testing reports, biocompatibility testing reports & technical file development.
- Quality assurance reviews of R&D Documents.
- Maintenance & improvement of the R&D Laboratory.
- New process introductions, including identification of new equipment & test methods.
- Participating in design reviews and the compilation of associated documentation.
- Minimum Degree in a Science or Engineering discipline (specializing in Chemistry/Physics /Polymer fields)
- 2-5 years’ experience working in a medical device environment, preferably with involvement in product design and R&D.
- A working knowledge of ISO 13485 Design Control requirements.
- Validation experience including Sterilization, process and packaging validations would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Medical Device manufacturing environment including GMP would be an advantage.
- Good Analytical Skill and Problem Solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Capable of working in a fast paced & dynamic environment.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Mary Mullin on 09064 78104 and email your cv and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!