- Provide engineering support for new product and process introductions, ensuring that all activities are completed and documented.
- Project manage & support the sourcing & introduction of new capital equipment and support the associated qualification and validation activities.
- Travel & Provide training for manufacturing team members.
- Plan, execute and analyse experimental builds, ensuring product specification and project goals are met;
- Investigate and evaluate existing and/or new technologies and coordinate associated project activities;
- Project Planning: Plan project timelines, schedule and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem-solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills – able to express ideas and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Innovative thinker – should be able to envisage new and better ways of doing things.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to plan, organise and implement concurrent tasks.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials, product and process design.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Relevant industrial experience, with at least 3-5 years’ experience working in a medical device industry is essential for this role;
- The successful candidate will have a Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering Degree or Biomedical Degree or equivalent qualification
- Experience within the medical device and balloon catheter manufacturing or other regulated industry is an advantage;
- Candidate must have a proven ability to apply a scientific approach to problem solving, blending analytical and experimental skills to maximise equipment performance.
- To be computer literate to include (but not limited to) all aspects of MS Office, MS Project, Minitab and Solidworks.
- Experience of Coronary catheter or balloon manufacture.
- Experience of Statistical Analysis & DOE Design and analysis.
Note: Travel a few times a year to their sister site.