Our client is seeking a highly motivated R&D Engineer to join their team in Galway. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team in developing products, materials, processes, tests or equipment for medical device products in the treatment of heart disease. This candidate will participate in an interdisciplinary team of engineers working on transcatheter heart valve devices from project concept, through product development and post commercialisation.
- Responsible for the design and development of next-generation minimally invasive medical devices for the treatment of valvular heart disease.
- Develops product, test equipment or process improvements and innovations and is responsible for cost improvement programs.
- Writing and/or verifying specifications, design verifications and design validations; maintaining product/process documentation; developing test methods.
- Applies Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering knowledge to the design, development and sustaining of prosthetic heart valve systems
- Create/develop technical capabilities and expertise related to the design and testing of heart valve technology.
- Devise strategies for efficient execution of project deliverables and communicates changes in project milestones to key stakeholders and writes project reports as required
- Interfaces with Marketing, Operations, Quality Assurance, vendors and possibly physicians. Work collaboratively with manufacturing to reduce product costs through design improvements.
- Defines, prototypes, clinically tests and transfers new product to production and supports these product lines on an ongoing basis.
- Leads or participates in a cross functional team to perform troubleshooting on products/process problems as related to design, material or process.
- HETAC Level 8 Degree in a relevant Technical Discipline, preferably Mechanical, Polymer, Materials or Biomedical Engineering.
- Strong R&D/technical experience preferably in the health care industry.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Stephen Kelly on 091-706714.