Currently looking for a Research & Design Engineer to join a dynamic R&D team developing innovative and sensor-based guidewires. As a member of a small R&D team you will have the responsibility for providing leadership and technical support to the development activities within the group, supporting both product development and manufacturing needs.
- The main function of this role is to support the Product Development activity by managing development projects through the design life cycle as defined by the procedures.
- Manage product development activities with respect to:
- Product Design & Development.
- Product and Project Costing.
- Meeting agreed timelines.
- Supporting the preparation of regulatory submissions
- Provide support within the organisation where needed to aid in problem solving or improvement activities.
- Provide critical input to failure analysis and product characterization activities, to include test method development and validation.
- Learn the manufacturing processes and equipment in order to understand them, so as to be competent in providing technical support to production.
- Project management using standard methodology.
- Transfer of automation, new products & new process projects to production, both within and between sites
- Assist in training employees in new or improved processes.
- Process and product validation, Process / layout design and implementation.
- Develop and support related documentation: DCO generation to introduce changes and maintain DMR documentation.
- Sourcing, specifying and purchasing production equipment.
- Jigs and fixture specification and development.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Material Science
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant industrial experience preferably in the medical device industries or other comparable industries.
- Knowledge of engineering theories, methods and work measurement techniques
- Ability to communicate and work with people inside and outside the Department as necessary to execute these responsibilities
- Ability to train and lead assigned employees
- Ability to understand and follow appropriate Departmental policies, procedures, practices and to understand inter-relationships of people and functions
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations, systems and project management, including procurement, inventory control, quality control, production planning and control, test and inspection, layout.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!