- Reference: GY45842
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
My client is looking to significantly expand its product portfolio, and is therefore searching for talented and creative members to join both its Research and Development and its Operations teams. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team under the leadership of a highly experienced management team in an exciting expansion phase for the company.
My client is currently looking for a R&D Engineer to join their team. This position requires the candidate to have the ability to carry out investigative activities to improve existing products and procedures or to lead to the developmentof new products and procedures.
• Generate device concepts within the project team to address product performance criteria.
• Develop test models for prototype performance evaluations.
• Build and test prototypes; analyse test data and interpret to identify optimal solution(s).
• Create detailed component and finished device assembly drawings/specifications using SolidWorks.
• Identify and select product materials, assembly methods and define process settings.
• Contribute to the project team to deliver key objectives, meeting performance, time and cost targets.
• Leverage and liaise with external vendors / resources to achieve project goals.
• Write procedures, protocols, specifications, and reports.
• Understand physician (user) techniques and clinical needs (disease state) and assist in developing product training materials.
Skills, Experience and qualifications:
- Strong design and technical ability based on a broad and deep knowledge of fundamental engineering principles.
- Strong work ethic, creative problem solving, capable of working on own initiative.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills essential.
- Honours degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in all stages of medical device design and development (including design with SolidWorks, prototyping, and testing) is desired.