The successful R&D Engineer will be responsible for driving and contributing to Packaging programs, providing solutions valued by customers and driving profitable growth. Work may include applications development, materials enhancements, process improvement and/or cost-out initiatives.
R&D Engineer responsibilities:
- Leverage understanding of multiple customer needs and in-house capabilities to rapidly design, develop and implement products and/or processes.
- Lead technical process developments and improvements in order to generate new technology.
- Control the transfer of new products and materials to production.
- Assist with the Qualification and validation of new products, materials, equipment or methods according to internal and international quality standards and requirements.
- Plan, execute and analyze production trials with Design of Experiment, Lean, and statistical analysis methodology.
- Generate new, workable ideas to contribute to filling the pipeline.
- Leverage and share foundational understandings of material/polymer properties and equipment capability in order to meet customer needs.
- Collaborate with areas such as Engineering, Operations, and Quality to resolve technical challenges, supporting sustained solutions.
- Develop and train on standard procedures to advance company operation.
- Participate in in-house programs – Lean Manufacturing, cost saving, etc.
- Represent the company’s technical voice by leading technical discussions with customers on new developments.
R&D Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in Polymer science and/or a degree in Engineering
- At least 6- 8 years relevant experience in the industry in an R&D or Engineer position in the Health-Care industry.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to comprehend other software programs outside of Microsoft.