Chemist – Research and Development
This is an exciting position combining academic research and industrial application.
Working as part of a multidiscipline team, this position will provide you with the opportunity to work with a wide range of process technologies, supported by the most advanced computer technology available to the Process Industry.
The research team will be supported by links to various European universities and research institutions.
Key job features include:
- Chemical and physical analyses using a wide variety of techniques including; XRF, XRD, DSC, Laser Diffraction PSA, AAS, ICP, and various automated potentiometric analysers.
- Working to high plant standards in the areas of safety and quality.
- Assist in the design, development and operation of new pilot plant systems
- Promote the generation of new ideas of equipment modification, analytical requirements and data handling
Educational / Personal Requirements:
- 0+ Years’ experience
- Honours degree in Chemistry, Materials or equivalent in which Inorganic Chemistry was a significant part.
- Good chemical analytical skills with a knowledge of XRF, XRD and ICP.
- Good experimental skills at laboratory and pilot plant scale.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Possibility to register for a sponsored Master’s Degree (by research) at UL. Candidate should satisfy the requirements to register for the Master’s Degree at UL.
- Proven ability to work safely
- Excellent verbal and written communication / interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and energetic with the ability to integrate quickly into a team environment and work on own initiative
- Self- starter, motivated.
- Successful employees have excellent communication, problem solving, analytical and leadership skills. Responsibility, accountability and teamwork are key elements of our organisation. The company don’t believe in supervision; they will mentor you, and facilitate you in utilising and developing your skills, knowledge and experience.
- With a competitive salary this position offers excellent opportunities for career development in a highly successful company.