We are working with an exciting medical device start-up in Galway who are looking to hire an experienced R&D Test Engineer to join their team. They are using disruptive technologies to develop a new structural heart product and have begun hiring an experienced R&D team.
Overview of Main Responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- Your key responsibility is to measure and quantify the physical characteristics of the device by experimental design. Your knowledge of solid and fluid mechanics, and other areas of physics should translate in hardware and software implementations of test platforms and their validation, including test protocols and data analysis tools.
- You will work closely with your counterparts responsible for designing and manufacturing the pVAD device
- Understand the physical and physiological drivers and boundary conditions of pVAD design and translate them into concrete research proposals.
- Develop test capabilities, processes and protocols to support the development, verification, and validation of the company’s catheter device
- Develop and maintain the company’s bench testing, technologies & competencies.
- Good communication with peers and management in the continuous feedback loop between device design and validation testing
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of four years of medical device development experience, and have either a Master’s or primary Degree in a relevant engineering/scientific discipline such as applied physics, mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in qualification of medical / cardiovascular devices, with structural heart experience an advantage.
- Experience with physical measurement equipment and sensors.
- Programming skills in Matlab + Matlab Simulink.
- Basic knowledge of the V-model approach to verification & validation testing is preferred.
- Use of statistical analysis techniques & DOE
- Experience with device reliability or fatigue testing techniques Experience with Solidworks 3D modelling software or equivalent
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Jessica Ryan,