We are working with an exciting medical device start-up in Galway who are looking to hire an R&D Technician to join their team. They are using disruptive technologies to develop a new structural heart product and have begun hiring an experienced R&D team. The R&D Technician will be part of the team responsible for the in-house verification and validation of the company's pVAD device. They will have a key role in both prototyping and testing the device or its components
Overview of Main Responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- Performing verification and validation bench tests on the company’s catheter device, according to protocols & standards
- Preparation and maintenance of systems that support company’s bench testing, such as (re)calibrations
- Translation of test results into objective reports.
- Provide clearly communicated data input to the team.
- Managing the operational structure in the laboratory, including logistics.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Have at least a diploma or level 6 degree in a relevant field, or equivalent.
- Basic competency in Solidworks or equivalent 3D CAD system.
- Use of statistical analysis techniques & DOE
- Medical device development in compliance to ISO 13485
- Experience in the design, development, operation, and maintenance of test fixtures.
- Catheter and medical device functional and safety test experience an advantage
- Experience with physical measurement equipment and sensors.
- Some experience with Matlab + Matlab Simulink is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Jessica Ryan,