My client, a global leader in the medical device sector are looking to hire an R&D Program Manager to join their growing team here in Galway.
- Manages one or more developed or mature programs with well-defined program plans and delivery methodologies.
- Solves issues through information exchange, influence and active persuasion without direct exercise of command to gain cooperation of other parties on program execution plans.
- Leads, directs and reviews the work of a team, experienced professionals and/or vendors who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Is accountable for overall program process, performance, and customer satisfaction.
- Manage, motivate and develop team members including vendors to complete an assigned major program or project.
- Responsible for cost, minimization of risk and completion of objectives.
- Resolve issues and ensure task completion by establishing priorities and reaching compromise with team members and functional managers.
- Promote problem solving techniques within the team.
- Establish program objectives, timelines, milestones, and budget.
- Responsible for timeline and goal setting to meet overall project objective and design.
- Execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities.
- Ensure that programs are managed on schedule and within budget.
- Effectively represent Medtronic Vascular externally with our customers.
- Motivate and develop competent personnel while ensuring staff clearly understand expectations and performance.
- Foster technical innovation in staff members.
- Through effective information flow and interaction, develop harmonious working relations with other functions, and ensure employees within R&D have the necessary information and resources to effectively perform their jobs.
- Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Science or related discipline with minimum 7 years relevant direct engineering experience within medical device environment.
- Strong proven track record in program management in a regulated environment.
- Medical device product development experience required.
- Technical experience in DOE, Six Sigma, DFM etc.
- Displays Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Competent in Stakeholder management.
- Experience in working with KOLs to identify unmet therapy needs.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role please contact Rhys Joyce.