A rare opportunity has arisen with a global, medical device leader in Galway. They are looking to hire an experienced R&D Manager to join their team. It is a permanent position and will offer the option of hybrid working. This role has arisen due to expansion and the wider team has exciting plans to further expand over the coming years.
As the R&D Manager, you will be directly involved in providing high level leadership and direction to an R&D team of 10-12 and will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of strategic and tactical R&D activities.
You will be innovating at the forefront of interventional treatment and will have opportunity to lead multidisciplinary teams in the development of products from project concept through to commercialization and beyond.
- Lead, grow and motivate a highly talented, diverse, world-class performance engineering team.
- Grow and nurture cross site and cross functional relationships in a large, multi-site, matrixed organization.
- Attract and retain talent in line with business need.
- Generate novel and unique solutions to both engineering and organizational challenges.
- Manage engineers, and possibly other supervisors, involved in an array of product development and technology exploration projects.
- Actively mentor, coach, and ensure career development plans are in place for direct reports.
- Collaborate with core teams to establish objectives and evaluates progress of direct reports.
- Participate at department management level and build strong peer relationships.
- Support the innovation of next generation designs and novel applications in Structural Heart and Aortic therapies.
Key Skills & Experience
- Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Science or related discipline and desirably with 7+ years relevant direct engineering experience within medical device environment.
- Experience of direct management of a team.
- Excellent team building, communication, people management and leadership skills are desirable.
- A strong communicator and fluent in both oral and written English.
- A dynamic team player and leader and who can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
For a more detailed and confidential discussion on this role contact Amy Newell.