A number of R&D Engineer II positions have come available with a leading medical device client due to expansion within their R&D teams. The R&D Engineers are directly involved in working on the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures, as part of the R&D team in Galway. These are permanent, hybrid roles which offer excellent exposure, opportunity and benefits to the successful candidates.
- You will contribute to developing products for use in medical procedures as defined / required by the business needs of the company.
- You will be responsible for establishing the most effective, reliable and cost-effective processing methods for manufacturing operation.
- You will provide technical support to product and process development and on field related activities such as clinical programs and complaint investigations.
- You will be leading multidiscipline teams in planning and implementing the introduction of new products, in line with marketing plans and undertaking specific projects as designated in support of business activities.
- You will support the introduction / implementation of product / process / materials changes to the manufacturing operation.
- You will participate in sourcing, testing and approving materials.
- You will effectively represent the company externally with customers.
- You will document design / development / test activities as required in Engineering Laboratory notebooks.
- You will design, develop, analyze, troubleshoot and provide technical skills during research and / or product development.
- You will design studies to investigate specific life science questions within field of expertise.
- You may be involved in product research and development and / or clinical trials.
- You will translate research discoveries into usable and marketable products.
- Level 8 Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering with minimum 3 years relevant direct engineering experience.
- Medical device technology experience, ideally in interventional vascular devices would be advantageous.
- We are looking for individuals with experience in biomedical materials, processing knowledge and medical device design procedures.
- We are looking for individuals with a proven track record in innovative design, product development and manufacturing.
- We are looking for a dynamic team player who can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
For a more detailed job specification or a confidential discussion on this role contact Amy Newell.