An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced R&D Engineer to join a leading, multi-national medical device company in Galway. While the role is an initial 12 month contract, the successful applicant will gain extensive exposure to both the product and the wider team, working cross functionally to develop life changing, structural heart products.
As an R&D Engineer, you will have a proven track record in innovative design, product development and validation. Ideally you will also have medical device technology experience and interventional vascular devices would be advantageous.
This is a broad role and an excellent challenge for any experienced R&D Engineer who wishes to widen their current skillset in a innovative and dynamic environment.
- Contribute to developing products for use in medical procedures as defined / required by the business needs of the company.
- Be responsible for establishing the most effective, reliable and cost-effective processing methods for manufacturing operation.
- Provide technical support to product and process development and on field related activities such as clinical programs and complaint investigations.
- Lead multidiscipline teams in planning and implementing the introduction of new products, in line with marketing plans and undertaking specific projects as designated in support of the business activities.
- Support the introduction / implementation of product / process / materials changes to the manufacturing operation.
- Participate in test method development and test method validation and in sourcing, testing and approving materials.
- Monitor and evaluate safety practices and ensure compliance with legislation and understand and operate to departmental and company quality procedures.
- Effectively represent the company externally with our customers.
- Document design / development / test activities as required in Engineering Laboratory notebooks.
- Design, develop, test, analyze, troubleshoot and provide technical skills during research and / or product development.
- Design studies to investigate specific life science questions within field of expertise.
- Be involved in product research and development and / or clinical trials.
- Translate research discoveries into usable and marketable products.
Skills and Experience
- Qualified person with a minimum of Degree level 8 in Mechanical/Biomedical Engineering / Science or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with 0 years of experience.
- Medical device technology experience, ideally in interventional vascular devices would be advantageous.
- Experience in mechanical / biomedical materials, processing knowledge and medical device design procedures.
- Proven track record in innovative design, product development and manufacturing.
- Dynamic team player who can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and team skills.
- Good communicator and fluency in English, both in writing and speaking.
For a more detailed and confidential discussion on this role contact Amy Newell.