- Reference: LK47192
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Dublin West, Limerick
- Category: Construction, Architecture & Property
Our Client is one of the leading Professional Chartered Surveying practices with offices in Limerick and Tralee. We are seeking highly motivated and ambitious Quantity Surveyors who demonstrate good organisational/managerial skills and a pro-active attitude. Good measuring, reporting, communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment are essential.
Ideally the successful candidate will be qualified to degree level in Quantity Surveying Construction Economics, with 5+ years’ experience in a PQS practice previously. Chartered status is preferable but not mandatory.
This role involves all aspects of surveying including:
• Pre-contract cost control and advise to Design Teams & Clients
• Pre-contract document preparation
• All post contract functions including; interim recommendations, cost reporting, Client meetings, final account reconciliations
• Responsibility for training and development of assistant and junior Quantity Surveyors as part of team structure
The key duties will include but are not limited to the following:
• Estimating & Cost Planning – reporting directly to Clients
• Preparing Bills of Quantities, Buildsoft & Cubit
• Compiling Contract Documentation
• Preparing Cost Reports
• Preparing Monthly Valuations
• Preparation and Agreement of Final Accounts
• Review and Resolve Contractual Claims
• Attend Meetings with Clients and Design Team Members
• Assist in training and development of assistant and junior surveyors
The candidate should be commercially aware, flexible and have ambition to progress within the organisation. It will be necessary to have the drive and determination to manage strict budgets to ensure the commercial success of projects. Your professionalism, enthusiasm and commitment will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package along with tailored benefits and the opportunity to work with a multifaceted and professional team.
The right candidate will also receive genuine opportunities for career progression and ongoing professional development will be actively supported.
To Apply for this role please forward your CV or for a confidential discussion call Ben on 061 512270