This QS role will be required to work on live projects in the Irish market. You will be working as part of a construction team in Ireland with direct reporting to the Commercial Manager. You will be based in the midlands. Preferably the candidate will have some structural steel experience but this is not essential.
The main duties in this role will be as follows:
- Procurement of subcontractor’s, managing their package and agreement of the subcontractor’s final account.
- Compile allocation sheets for labour and plant times on site work faces.
- Hiring and Off-Hiring of plant.
- Reviewing the construction drawings for changes from the tendered versions.
- Compile and agree variations with the Client.
- Compile interim payment applications and submit to the Client.
- Follow up on monies due from Clients.
- Compile, submit and agree final accounts with the Client.
- Take-Off structural steel, decking and cladding from drawings
- At least 10 years QS working experience.
- Experience working on projects which contain structural steelwork or similar work (Knowledge of construction in general is acceptable).
- The ability to work within a team, on own initiative and excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the Irish steelwork market would be a benefit but not essential.
- Proficient in excel, word, outlook, project management etc.
- Excellent negotiator – specifically with regards to agreeing project variations/final accounts.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to communicate with all internal and external partners.
- Excellent organisational skills.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Tina Egan on 09064 78104 OR email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie