This is an exciting opportunity for a Quality Technician-Welding to join a multinational manufacturing company based in Dublin 10. This is a permanent role, covering night shifts.
The Quality Technician- Welding will be responsible for checking the quality of products that are manufactured, delivered, or returned to site. The person will also need to carry out in-process inspections, be actively involved in stock containment/sorting exercises and liaising with all departments to ensure quality is maintained throughout the shift to ensure we are producing the necessary products to the right standards.
The types of inspections involved in this role are dimensional check using handheld measurement equipment such as vernier callipers, micrometres etc, tensile testing on incoming products, load/safety load testing and general visual inspections on final products.
Quality Technician- Welding responsibilities:
- Performing quality checks on incoming raw material, ensuring internal procedures are always adhered to.
- Conducting factory sample checks and recording in accordance with procedures.
- Inspection and testing before, during and after the processes
- Assisting the Quality manager to develop QC SOP’s and responsible for issuing to the Operators
- Releasing and doing Quality Alerts for non-conforming product
- Calibration and validation of measuring, inspection and testing equipment,
- Carrying out traceability and recall tests.
Quality Technician - Welding Requirements:
- Previous experience within a Quality Inspection Role.
- Must have a minimum class 2 weld inspector certificate
- Previous experience with measurement and testing equipment.
- Must have worked with structural steel fabrication in the past and Powder Coating experience would be viewed favourably
FULL SPEC ON APPLICATION
For a confidential discussion, please contact Tina Cornally.