This is a critical quality control position associated with the operation of a new manufacturing facility located in Castlebar, Ireland. The Quality Technician will report in to the quality team based at our corporate headquarters (HQ) in Camarillo, California and be supported onsite by the Director of Operations – Castlebar.
Our new facility in Castlebar is being brought online to expand Meissner’s manufacturing footprint into Europe to both augment our capacity as well as better serve our existing European customer base. It will produce single-use systems which are used in the manufacture of cutting edge and lifesaving medicines. Quality is the number one attribute of these products given the critical nature of their end use and this role will have a key role in supporting this.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These include the following, others may be assigned.
- Perform incoming QC on critical raw materials.
- Inspect manufactured products and manufacturing processes to ensure compliance with contract and regulatory specifications.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure cohesive actions that involve quality control expertise or interaction.
- Provide quality related training for new employees.
- Support customer audits.
- Support quality audits of external vendors.
- Perform final release for products manufactured in Castlebar.
- Assist with any quality investigations arising from operations at the Castlebar facility.
Education and/or Experience
- Educated to a Minimum Level 7 in an Engineering, Science or Quality Assurance discipline
- 3-4 years’ experience in an industry related quality role.
- Experience with cleanroom based operations, GMP regulations and production operations is desired.
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry is very beneficial.
- Demonstrated critical and effective decision making skills with the ability to work on one’s own initiative and with minimum supervision is required.
- Must be proficient with MS Office software including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must have strong English Language written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as SOPs, safety rules and quality guidelines.
- Excellent Attention to detail.