- Reference: CJ46366
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for quality assurance & control of both raw materials and finished products for a specific unit operation.
This role will provide guidance and on-going support to facilitate compliance with Quality / Regulatory policies, Food Safety Programs (HACCP) procedures and product specifications with a primary focus on the factory floor activities. The individual in this position will promote a high standard of awareness and understanding at site level of all appropriate policies, procedures and product specifications and direct all relevant continuous improvement initiatives.
- Facilitate the development & implementation of Quality Standards by ensuring the necessary training and support is available to the value stream and other functional areas.
- Compliance with Company’s Global HACCP programme and Global Quality Management System.
- Implement relevant quality related systems including:
- Validation programmes as required
- Environmental monitoring programmes
- Company change control system
- Implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Other projects and responsibilities as may be defined.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with customers, external agencies, regulatory bodies and all relevant internal functions.
- Prepare facility for quality audits and manage internal & external expectations.
- Manage hygiene procedures and promote continuous improvement.
- Devise and implement relevant changes to SOPs are required.
- Diploma or higher in a Food Technology, Microbiology or a related Science related discipline.
- Knowledge of quality Systems: BRC6, ISO 22000:2005, ISO/TS 22022-1:2009 and FSSC 22000.
- Experience and knowledge of HACCP systems.
- Previous experience in a food manufacturing environment is essential.
- Strong background in Food Safety and Quality Management Systems.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools.
- Excellent written, numerical and verbal skills.
- A demonstrated numerical ability to record, interpret and analyse key process data.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement and change management initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, coaching and conflict management skills.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Emer O’ Callaghan on 021 4911061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!