We have a new opening for a Quality Manager with a well-established company based in Athlone. As the Quality Manager, you will lead and direct the Quality Function within a customer-focused, export-driven manufacturing company based in the midlands of Ireland which is part of a larger global group of companies.
- Key duties will include:
- Driving continuous improvement from a quality and cost perspective.
- Internal communication regarding quality performance on a regular basis.
- Ensure personnel adhere to quality checks and procedures
- Exchange with customers regarding customer requirements/problem-solving.
- Effective communication of customer requirements to all departments
- Achievement of company quality metrics
- Ongoing compliance of Quality Management System to ISO 9001 standards and overseeing the internal audit programs.
- Preparation of Management reports on quality metrics
- Assistance with the training of operational personnel in relation to Quality topics
Education and Experience
- Education to degree level, ideally in an engineering or science discipline.
- Further qualification in the field of Quality Management is an advantage.
- Over 7-8 years of Experience in a quality/operations function within a high-volume manufacturing environment, ideally in a plastics-related sector
- Proven track record in continuous improvement and project management techniques e.g. Lean, 6 Sigma etc.
- Have a strong knowledge of the importance of driving processes in the department.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is comfortable liaising with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-motivated with a good team spirit and the ability to influence others in a positive manner.
- Possess excellent attention to detail, maintains high standards, and has the ability to prioritize tasks and workload effectively while meeting tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel within Ireland, the UK, and Europe (a small percentage of the role)
If you would like more information on this role you can contact Paul Dunican
(090) 641 7022