We have an new opening for a Quality Manager with a well established company based in Athlone. As the Quality Manager you will lead and direct the Quality Function within a customer focused, export driven manufacturing company based in the midlands of Ireland which is part of a larger global group of companies. For this role we ideally would like this person to come from an engineering/manufacturing or Plastics environment.
- Key duties will include:
- Driving continuous improvement from a quality and cost perspective.
- Internal communication regarding quality performance on a regular basis.
- Ensure personnel adhere to quality checks and procedures
- Exchange with customers regarding customer requirements / problem solving.
- Effective communication of customer requirements to all departments
- Achievement of company quality metrics
- Ongoing compliance of Quality Management System to ISO 9001 standard and oversee the internal audit programmes.
- Preparation of Management reports on quality metrics
- Assistance with training of operational personnel in relation to Quality topics
Education and Experience
- Education to Degree level, ideally in an Engineering or Science discipline.
- Further qualification in the field of Quality Management is an advantage.
- Over 7-8 years Experience working in Quality
- Industry experience required - Engineering or Plastics environment
- Experience in an operations function within a high volume manufacturing environment, ideally in a plastics-related sector
- Proven track record in continuous improvement and project management techniques e.g. Lean, 6 Sigma etc.
- Have a strong knowledge of the importance of driving processes in the department.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is comfortable liaising with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-motivated with a good team spirit and the ability to influence others in a positive manner.
- Possess excellent attention to detail, maintaining high standards and has the ability to prioritize tasks and workload effectively while meeting tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel within Ireland, UK and Europe (small percentage of role)
- Career Progression Opportunities
- Pension Company Contribution
- Subsidized Canteen
- Onsite Parking
For further details on this position please contact Gillian Nicholson at firstname.lastname@example.org