As a Quality Manager, you will provide leadership and support to the coordination of activities required to meet these quality standards.
The Quality Management role will involve monitoring and advising on the performance of the quality management system, producing data and reporting on performance, measuring against set standards.
- Understanding customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes.
- Devising and reviewing specifications for products or processes.
- Set requirements for raw material or intermediate products for suppliers and monitoring their compliance.
- Monitor production processes to ensuring that factory machinery and people produce goods and products in accordance with company and industry standards
- Ensure efficiency, accuracy, and standardisation within all areas of the company.
- Develop, implement and maintain quality management systems.
- Create SOP’s for all areas of the Company.
- Devise and establish the Company’s quality procedures, standards and specifications
- Review customer contracts & requirements prior to final commercial sign-off and make sure they comply with companies’ expectations.
- Work with purchasing/ procurement staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers
- Set standards for quality as well as health and safety making sure that manufacturing, services, aftermarket or production processes meet international and national standards
- Define quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff
- Set up and maintain controls and documentation procedures
- Monitor performance by gathering relevant data and produce statistical reports
- Review existing policies and make suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them
- Measure performance and identify any areas of weakness, recommending and implementing improvements
- Assess the effectiveness of changes made
- Use relevant quality tools and make sure managers and other staff understand how to improve the business
- Make sure the company is working as effectively as possible to keep up with competitors
- Train others in the use and application of continuous improvement techniques.
- Degree qualified in a related Quality or Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Quality or Regulatory related role within the regulated environment.
- Strong experience in leading Continuous Improvement projects and Change Processes’
- Working Knowledge of national and international quality standards
- Detailed knowledge of cGMP.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Josh Barnes.