Video for this job
The Quality Assurance Manager reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for ensuring that all manufacturing activity at the plant meets customer requirements specified standards. The Quality Manager is also responsible for ensuring that all Quality management systems are in place and audited to ensure compliance. The position is an integral part of the plant management team and is required to contribute to all plant management activities.
- Manage all aspects of the Quality Assurance and, from a Quality perspective, engage fully with all Divisions, Group and Corporate Quality programmes in a manner that continuously improves customers, develops and implements improvement plans and actions, using Lean & Six Sigma methods to drive improvement to achieve relevant KPIs.
- Leads the problem-solving process relating to all product quality matters, to ensure that identified causes are fully resolved.
Manage all aspects of customer complaints. Initiates and follows through with actions, communicating with corrective action reports.
- Management of quality systems, to ensure compliance with customer quality requirements and industry standards, including ISO 9001.
- Review and improve inspection procedures & test methods best suited for the efficient quality assurance of company products.
- Manage, support and develop Quality Engineer to ensure activities
Required previous experience:
- 5 Years + of professional experience in Quality & Engineering.
- A strong background in continuous improvement activities, while working in a manufacturing or engineering environment.
Required Technical Knowledge:
- Must have a solid understanding of ISO 9001; an understanding of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 management systems would be useful.
- Knowledge of gauging methodology and metrology.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Technical or Materials Science.
- Lean or 6 Sigma qualification is preferable (Black belt or experienced Green Belt).