The Quality Manager will have a responsibility in leading the Quality Team activities and providing expertise in all aspects of quality and management systems.
The Quality Manager is responsible for the quality of work on a day-to-day basis by implementing the directives of the Quality Manual and ISO/IEC 17025
- Ensures that quality criteria are met by carrying out periodic quality audits as directed
- Ensures that all calibrations are carried out in a timely manner and that calibration records and certificates are maintained
- Supervising and promoting good cooperation between the departments
- Implementing guidelines to ensure the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and the Quality Manual are met
- Working directly with internal and external auditors to provide appropriate information
- Overseeing training, providing guidance and advice to staff in all matters relating to the quality matters
- Ensuring all INAB requirements are met & identify any departures from the quality system
Quality Manager requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience within a laboratory/quality environment including management of audits.
- General knowledge of microbiology, chemistry, food technology, and/or other related science is necessary.
- The person must have experience in managing the quality department in a fast pace environment.
- Degree in microbiology, chemistry, food technology, and/or other related science.
**FULL SPEC ON APPLICATION**
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Tina Cornally.