Our client based in the West of Galway are looking for a Quality Manager.
The Quality Manager is a key senior role and is a member of the site management team. This role will continuously promote quality and customer satisfaction. This role will also ensure that the company complies with all applicable quality system requirements and regulations.
- Be the leader of quality within the company. Continuously promote quality and customer satisfaction in everything that the company does.
- Ensure that customer requirement are understood and achieved for the lifecycle of the product. Work with customers and suppliers on quality-related issues and new product introduction projects. Ensure all dealings are professional and good relationships are maintained at all times.
- Develop and implement effective and efficient quality management strategies, policies, and procedures. Ensure that the Quality Management system is effective and fully compliant with customer, regulatory, legislative, and business requirements.
- Provide expert quality assurance input into problem-solving, change management, validations, and product disposition activities.
- Ensure that problems are effectively solved using systematic problem-solving methodologies. Coach and mentor staff in problem-solving.
- Fulfill the role of management representative for the Quality Management system.
- Ensure supplier quality is effectively managed.
- Manage and develop the Quality team which will consist of Quality Engineers and Technicians. Manage the quality function within the agreed budget.
- Lead quality-related projects ensuring that they are delivered on time and within budget.
- Prepare for and manage customer and regulatory quality audits.
- To take on other duties which the Company may assign you from time to time.
- Degree qualification in Quality, Engineering, Science, or relevant experience in a quality assurance role within the Medical Device Industry.
- Proven track record in leading the quality function within a medical device manufacturing company.
- Thorough knowledge of quality management systems and associated regulatory requirements (ISO 13485, FDA, etc.).
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of statistical analysis (including Minitab).
- Must be able to communicate at all levels of the organization and with customers, suppliers, and regulatory agencies.
- Good interpersonal skills, team player, with a positive attitude in dealing with people.
- Must be innovative and be driven to implement change to systems and procedures.
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
For more information or a confidential discussion about this role please contact Michelle Mc Inerney.
091 706 717