Our client, a leading global medical technology organisation in Cork is looking for a Quality Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. The Quality Manager will manage and provide technical guidance/direction to the Value Stream. This is an exciting opportunity to join an ever-growing and dynamic company.
Overview of responsibilities (full job spec available on request):
- Participate as a key member of the departmental staff team contributing to the overall effectiveness of the business.
- Assign resources and responsibilities. Set direction and identify priorities.
- Provide leadership and development to the organisation to maximise effectiveness and provide career development.
- Control budgets and spending and ensure compliance with financial requirements. Ensure budgets are adhered to and accurately established.
- Project manage and schedule key projects and initiatives ensuring timely execution and goal achievement.
- Integrate with corporate requirements and promotes synergy/consistency with other sites and corporate.
- Assist QA Director in developing strategies for the quality function.
- Implement and ensures compliance to the quality requirements per the site and corporate quality system.
- Take a leadership role in developing and implementing new techniques and initiatives to enhance the Quality management system on-site and across the Corporation where possible.
- Develop staff on new quality initiatives and assist in the understanding and rollout of quality initiatives across the department/site.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- Level 8 relevant Engineering / Science degree
- 8 years experience within the medical device or pharmaceutical manufacturing industry, with at least 4 years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Experience/training in problem solving and process improvement methodologies.
What you will get in return:
- Competitive salary.
- Health insurance.
- Pension contribution.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling Lane.