Video for this job
Quality Manager- Permanent Opportunity
Our clients Greenfield Global are expanding operations globally and have selected Ireland to build and locate their new manufacturing facility that will be in Portlaoise. Greenfield Global have partnered with Collins McNicholas recruitment team to source for their new Ireland team and the first role is that of a Quality Manager that is coming to the local market.
Greenfield Global is the largest high-purity alcohol company in North America offering bulk and packaged ingredients and additives. Under the Pharmco brand, they offer a wide range of specialty alcohols and bio-based chemicals to quality-driven and environmentally-conscious customers around the globe. The Pharmco brand has come to stand for premium quality and service excellence. They have been supplying life science, food, flavor, fragrance, personal care, extraction and industrial companies with mission-critical products for more than 30 years
The new Irish site in Portlaoise will be a 3,800 square-metre manufacturing facility and will create 75 jobs over the next 5 years. The roles will be spread across production, quality, supply chain and sales.
“The first opportunity coming to the market is for Quality Manager to join their team”
The Quality Manager will be responsible for the overall compliance of the site quality management system with the applicable GMP requirements. The site Quality Manager has direct responsibility for performance and compliance of the site Quality Control, Quality Assurance and Document Control Departments. The site Quality Manager is also responsible for providing leadership, demonstrating commitment to a successful quality system, collaborating with other site departments as well as collaborating with Quality Managers at other company sites to ensure its implementation and maintenance throughout the organization.
Reporting to the Ireland Managing Director and into Corporate Quality Function in USA your overall responsibility is to set up, implement and develop a quality function and quality management system with the applicable GMP requirements for the new manufacturing facility.
- Provide overall oversight of the site’s GMP compliance.
- Provide leadership and communication on all quality related matters with both internal and external groups and customers
- Support company and department goals, projects, and performance
- Ensure that company quality standards and applicable GMP requirements are being maintained and met
- Ensure compliance with Good Documentation Practices and Data Integrity requirements throughout the organization.
- Support the performance and adequacy of the quality program to remain in compliance with the requirements of all applicable governing agencies
- Support the corporate culture. Communicate and instil the corporate values to staff.
- Understand operational and manufacturing processes and corporate strategic objectives and ensure that they meet applicable GMP and ISO requirements and support quality and business management systems requirements.
- Ensure the entire site Quality Unit functions in accordance with applicable GMP
- Ensure that Quality Control department is assessing the suitability of incoming raw materials, containers and closures, in-process materials, and the finished products; evaluating the performance of the manufacturing process to ensure adherence to proper specifications and limits; and is determining the acceptability of each batch for release
- Ensure that Quality Assurance department reviews and approves all procedures related to quality, production and maintenance, reviews all associated production and quality records, and releases final product for distribution.
- Ensure that Document Control department establishes proper levels of control over issuance and accountability of the batch production records and labels.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing, Maintain a working knowledge of QC laboratory quality systems
- Develop and implement comprehensive training programs for the quality control, quality assurance and document control departments.
- Provide technical and analytical support to other department for the new product introduction and ensure test method development and QC training for new product.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure qualification, verification, validation and stability activities are executed in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensure test methods are validated, and equipment is calibrated and well maintained. Make decisions on acceptability of test methods in use in the laboratory.
- Ensure that all quality documentation and SOPs are maintained, updated, reviewed and approved to reflect current processes
- Investigate and respond to all customer complaints related to the product quality.
- Develop and implement appropriate corrective and preventive actions to deliver continuous improvement
- Ensure regular interaction with quality staff, peers and management, as well as maintaining a cooperative and supportive relationship with the Plant General Manager.
- Continue development of the Quality Unit, including creating efficiencies and improving timelines
- Provide input in performance review and objective/goal generation to QC supervisor, Quality Assurance and Document Control staff.
- Implement, maintain and verify quality assurance functions associated with inbound and outbound product.
- Maintains quality unit staff performance excellence by coaching, counselling and empowering employees
- Provide guidance and direction to all operational departments to ensure good quality practices
- Ensure validation and commissioning of all new equipment is properly executed and documented
- Prepare for and host routine customer audits.
- Participate in site audits by external parties ( ISO, GMP, organic, Department of Consumer Protection) and other local and government agencies as it relates to the quality unit functions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and webinars
- Education: BS/MS in Chemistry with a strong background in Analytical Chemistry preferred
Experience: 5-10 years’ experience within a laboratory and chemical manufacturing environment with a primary focus on quality control activities.
- A Minimum of 3 years in QC management positions.
- Experience in QC analytical methods and instrumentation, including GC, HPLC, FTIR, UV-VIS, ICP-MS.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary industrial environment
- Strong people management skills, Leadership skills and excellent multitasking with follow through, and a positive attitude required
- Ability to work with counterparts in multiple departments to accomplish company’s goals.
- Ability to make sound decisions related to Quality investigations
- Excellent communication interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience and knowledge with a variety of root cause analysis tools
- Ability to travel when required
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Mary Mullin on 09064 78104 and email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!