- Reference: CJ46482
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Medical Devices
Quality Manager of a Business Unit or Value Stream consisting of multiple product lines and technologies. Devotes a significant portion of time to managerial, leadership, and staff development responsibilities.
- Manage and provide technical guidance / direction to the Value Stream.
- Participate as a key member of the staff team contributing to the overall effectiveness of the business.
- Assign resources and responsibilities. Set direction and identify priorities.
- Provide leadership and development to the organisation to maximise effectiveness and provide career development.
- Control budgets and spending and insure compliance to financial requirements. Insure budgets are adhered to and accurately established.
- Project manage and schedule key projects and initiatives insuring timely execution and goal achievement.
- Integrate with corporate requirements and promotes synergy/consistency
- Assist QA Director in developing strategies for the quality function.
- Implement and insures compliance to the quality requirements per the site and corporate quality system.
- Demonstrates through management style respect for the core values and a commitment to teamwork and communication.
- Compile and analyse operational, test and validation data to establish technical specifications and performance standards for newly designed or modified products and processes.
- Take a leadership role in developing and implementing new techniques and initiatives to enhance the Quality management system on site and across the Corporation where possible.
- Develop staff on new quality initiatives and assist in the understanding and rollout of quality initiatives across the department.
- Be recognized as champion of behavioural/GMP and cultural initiatives with strong quality related decision-making skills demonstrated.
Experience & Educational Requirements:
- Requires a minimum level 8 relevant Engineering / Science degree
- Ideally 8 years experience within the medical device or pharmaceutical manufacturing industry, with at least 4 years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Experience/training in problem solving and process improvement methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good leadership abilities.
- Ability to work as part of a team and meet targets/goals efficiently
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of quality principles and the ability to utilize these methods in a manufacturing environment.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Emer O’ Callaghan on 021 4911061 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!