QUALITY MANAGER – SLIGO
We have been engaged to hire a Quality Manager for our client who specialises in the design, development, manufacture and supply of high-precision technical moulded products, which are tailored to meet a broad spectrum of customer needs and market applications.
Our client has a global presence with a headquarters in Europe and operating in 9 European countries, they also have manufacturing sites and sales offices across the Americas and Asia. This role is based in Sligo but will liaise with customers and stakeholders worldwide and will contribute to the continued investment in growing their business and maintaining exceptional service and supply to their customers.
The Sligo site has been in operation for over 20 years and provides expertise in high-volume manufacturing. They contribute their success to creating high-value return for their customers and sister facilities.
An experienced Quality expert with a proven record of accomplishment supporting the day-to-day operations within a high-volume manufacturing environment. An excellent communicator and strong team player, able to adopt a hands-on approach with internal stakeholders and external contacts.
Manage and lead the Quality Team effort to establish, implement, and continually improve the facility's quality management system, including the resources and processes needed to ensure that it meets customer requirements and offer support on any other regulatory/legal requirements.
Collaborate with other Sites and functions to ensure a timely, efficient and effective processing of intercompany tasks.
Support the Group Quality function in the role out and delivery of the company vision.
Key Accountabilities and Objectives:
- Ensure that all quality-focused activities operate in accordance with local health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors.
- Maintain the facility’s Quality Management System, as based on ISO9001, so that it is continuously audit-ready. Support on any other regulatory/legal requirements, e.g., ISO 45001, BRC etc.
- Understand customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes.
- Responsible for inspection, testing, and evaluation methods to ensure that products adhere closely to company standards.
- Responsible for maintaining a view towards Change Management, when considering planned and unplanned changes.
- Interface with customers to ensure concerns/complaints are communicated and effective corrective and preventive actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Set requirements for raw material or intermediate products for suppliers and monitor their compliance.
- Maintain oversight of the material disposition process, in particular the control and processing of blocked stock.
- Perform statistical analysis for effective decision-making.
- Oversee the maintenance of all in-house systems, procedures and workflows, to ensure they are up-to-date and revised to meet requirements.
- Act as a coach and mentor to reporting staff and colleagues. Regularly assesses the performance of reporting staff and provide appropriate support when necessary.
- Coach and support colleagues on problem-solving and corrective action methods.
- Hold regular performance meetings with the quality team to:
- Identify improvement opportunities,
- Manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for the quality department,
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance.
- Ensure KPIs are met by working to the overall plan, including management & reporting of status
- Report on Group KPIs on a weekly & monthly basis. Ensure KPIs are maintained up-to-date and submit in a timely manner.
- Encourage and embed a culture of Continual Improvement throughout the site, to strive towards operating with a best-practice mindset.
- A proven Leader with the ability to manage, lead and develop a team
- Strong Interpersonal communications skill both locally and internationally.
- Affinity with technical products
- Initiative taker and strong self-starter
- Demonstrate a proactive “can do” attitude
- Continual Improvement Orientation
- Held the position of Quality Manager or a closely related role.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a natural science such as Engineering, Chemistry, Pharmacy, or proven equivalent knowledge by long-term job experience
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally
- Team player and strong communication skills with internal and external parties
- Knowledge of international accreditation requirements
- Practical skills in internal/external audits
The above position pays a competitive remuneration. Additional benefits include performance bonus, pension, flexible holidays, complimentary canteen facilities, subsidised Gym and Swimming Club Membership.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Davin Ferguson
071 91 40251