Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a permanent position
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Log and track customer concerns flag up and action overdue items.
- Support internal departments with customer problem information
- Direct technical involvement with some problem investigations
- Liaise with design team on technical investigations.
- Provide technical investigation support to customers at customer sites.
- Organise/manage sorting actions at customer sites.
- Monitor and track customer failure performance.
- Preparation of presentation & report data for internal and external customers
- Customer visit management and follow up on actions.
- Initiate and drive quality improvement programmes in production.
- Audit implemented countermeasures for effectiveness
- Management of reject analysis and material disposition.
- Tracking and resolution of customer debit note queries relating to problems
- Monitor internal and external containment actions
- Health and Safety for self and others.
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor/manager
- 1 – 3 years in engineering role, preferably in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Automotive Diagnostic SW knowledge an advantage.
- Hands on technical background rather than standards / systems based.
- Practical experience of technical problem solving, PFMEA, 8D, Ishikawa and similar tools.
- Practical working knowledge of manufacturing processes and workmanship standards.
- Good presentation skills, flexibility to travel at short notice.
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-512270