Our client a major multinational here in Galway are looking to hire a Quality Engineer II on an initial 24-month fixed-term contract.
- Define, implement, and maintain Quality System requirements in the form of Quality Assurance Procedures and other related procedures.
- Support New Product Introductions/Technology Transfers/New Product Features.
- Participate/support the Management Review Process.
- Provide reports/information to management on quality-related issues and implement solutions to quality related issues.
- Participate in cross-functional teams as directed by the Quality Manager.
- Liaise with the Test and Manufacturing Engineering Groups regarding Inspection, Measurement and Test Engineering requirements.
- Participate in internal/external audits as required.
- Ensure that product conforms to specification and control further processing, delivery on installation or non-conforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- Ensure that preventive and corrective actions are taken in relation to product and Quality system deficiencies and initiate, recommend or provide solutions to product and Quality system related problems. Complete assignments assigned by Supervisor.
- Interface with other departments to ensure that Quality system requirements are adhered to.
- Participate in job-related training courses.
- Follow all environmental, health & safety rules and procedures and participate in safety and environmental activities to improve the workplace for all employees.
- Level 8 degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline (e.g., Engineering/science).
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience required.
- Calibration experience is an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of appropriate Quality System Standards (Including 21 CFR Part 820, ISO 13485).
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of problem-solving methodologies.
- Strong organizational, communication, and written skills.
- Six Sigma improvement methodologies are an advantage.
- Quality auditor experience or certification is an advantage.
For more information or a confidential discussion about this role please contact Michelle Mc Inerney.
091 706 717