- Reference: GJ42031
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Galway, Galway City
- Category: Medical Devices
- Define process problems that lead to throughput, yield or performance quality issues; evaluate causes of problems; implement solutions to stabilize processes; evaluate results; create concise and accurate technical reports (e.g. .doc or .ppt formats); communicate results; and handle subsequent analysis queries.
- Creates and evaluates metrics to drive the quality improvement process. Identification and implementation of appropriate statistical techniques to monitor process performance (e.g. SPC, Cpk, R & R analysis, sampling techniques).
- Maintain customer interface quality standards and verify that specifications conform to customer, industry and company standards. Manage the out of specification process.
- Ensure product design and manufacturing processes are optimised and controlled to generate product quality and reliability.
- Be competent with DBMS query (e.g. Access or SQL) and analysis tools (e.g. ‘.JMP’ or ‘.MPJ’ formats) and also provide training as required on data query and analysis tools.
- Gather, understand and convert customer data into usable manufacturing information.
- Use statistical knowledge and expertise to conduct process improvement studies in order to optimize production process and provide quality engineering support to the facility, including validation and risk management, and origination and review of technical documentation (e.g. FMEA’s).
- Evaluates software and hardware upgrades and new equipment. Sets equipment specifications and develops and runs qualification tests. Working knowledge of DOE’s.
- Develops test processes, test fixtures and specialized tools to automate test development.
- Knowledge of, and adherence to the company’s Safety Statement and all aspects of safe working practices including, but not limited to, PPE, manual handling and chemical handling and awareness.
- Be familiar with relevant quality management systems; be able to fulfil the quality systems engineering role and be a competent QMS auditor, performing internal audits as part of the quality team effort. Be a competent practitioner using relevant corrective action systems (e.g. CAPA / 8d)
- Act as the customer conduit for quality change issues and for quality response issues as appropriate. Be familiar with and competent on the use of interfacing ERP software for files transfer and for general information sharing.
- Maintain structured files and records that maintain contractual obligations, enable timely and accurate metrics compilation and that aid concise technical reporting and effective escalations management.
- Maintain the NCMR data base and the physical NCMR system. Chair non-conforming materials decision making events and ensure timely and accurate administration of that system
- Apply project management skills and methodology as necessary for key CI projects and be able to fulfil the PM role effectively on quality improvement projects.
- Professional knowledge of metrology and be able to apply MSA as appropriate to the company.
- Engage with customer and intercompany communications activities such as maintenance of a quality web page, quality awareness publications and inter site sharing of key information.
Skills Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience in working in manufacturing environment (2-3 years experience).
- Experience of 6 Sigma quality methods would be a distinct advantage.
- Relevant third level qualification
- In-depth knowledge of industry and quality standards and SPC methodologies.
- Excellent customer contact, negotiation and problem resolution skills.
- Good presentation, database management and computer skills.
- Strong knowledge of statistical process control methods and techniques.
- Ability to design tests, evaluate results and recommend solutions to improve the processes associated with HV and general electronics manufacturing
- Ability to evaluate, diagnose and troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to evaluate materials, gather and analyse data and determine root cause of problems.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and coordinate multiple, changing deadlines
- Can work effectively in a team environment
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job description (or more information on the role), please contact Christopher O Toole on 091706713
Contact ConsultantRequest a Call Back
The attractiveness of the Midwest as a region to set up a world class manufacturing operation and source top talent across a range of roles was further endorsed this week with the announcement from Edwards Lifesciences to set up a European manufacturing site in Shannon with the creation of 60 jobs initially and further ramping […]read whole article
Question: I am responsible for managing two junior staff members at an advertising firm. They work on projects together but have their own specific tasks to carry out. When it comes to presenting their work to myself and my superiors, one of the members has a habit of hogging the limelight and claiming credit for […]read whole article
Everything you need to know to find a job, including; how to prepare a CV and cover letter, how to prepare for a job interview, how to navigate the modern job market, and much more.view more
This report provides you with all of the recent developments in the medical technology sector in Ireland, including skills availability, graduate output, industry trends, regional investment, and our expectations for the year ahead.view more