As part of this role, you will be responsible for and has the authority for product/process quality improvement programmes, analysis of quality costs, customer complaints, analysis of quality waste, reliability evaluations and process capabilities studies.
Quality Engineer Responsibilities:
- Lead quality improvement programmes using recognised problem-solving and project management techniques
- Evaluate quality trends and reasons for product or process failures relating to customer complaints and lead corrective action plans.
- Evaluate quality costs and determine critical causes.
- Prepare and approve quality assurance specifications and assist in the formulation of written policy/procedures
- Align and integrate company test procedures with International Standards requirements.
- Assist in determining inspection frequencies and sampling plans using significance testing, capability studies and through collation and analysis of data
- Participate in the validation of all new tooling equipment, methods and products.
- Ensure all areas comply with specified regulatory requirements
- Any other reasonable duties as required
Quality Engineer requirements:
▪ Third level qualification in science/ engineering.
▪ Three years’ experience in Quality Engineering in a manufacturing environment
▪ Demonstrable Lean/ Six Sigma certification is an advantage
▪ Strong analytical skills, including statistical analysis is an advantage
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Tina Egan