Video for this job
Role and responsibilities:
- The primary function of the Quality Engineer is the implementation and management of the company’s Quality Management system. You will report to the Plant Manager but liaise with the production team on an ongoing basis.
- To play a key role in the plant start – up including the development of quality plans for all products in line with customer specification
- To forge a collaborative partnership and close working relationships with all departments in the company
- To forge a close working relationship with the customers of the company
Summary of Responsibilities
- Implement and maintain ISO 9001: 2015 in the organization.
- Ensure plant adherence to and improvement quality system requirements and procedures
- Conduct internal and external audits when required
- Liaise with suppliers and customers on day to day quality issues
- Implement and monitor quality plans for finished goods
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement plans
- Measurement and analysis of processes
- Support new product introductions
- Proactively report product on weekly and monthly basis all quality activities.
- Complete special projects and assignments as requested
Education and Requirements:
Ideally, you will have 2+ years’ experience in a similar quality position within a manufacturing facility. However, similar experience will also be considered.
- 2+ years experience in service and maintenance
- Engineering degree/diploma: Polymers or related discipline preferred
- Knowledgeable in lean manufacturing and six sigma (green belt preferred)
- Highly computer literate
- Must be able to work on own initiative, as well as in a team environment
Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, presentation and negotiation skills. Detail and goal oriented, has the flexibility to deal with multiple and changing priorities while focussed on customer service and quality. Ability to manage own time and workload, juggling conflicting priorities.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact David Lennon on 090 64 78104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org