Quality Engineer required for a Mayo-based multinational company on a permanent basis. The Quality Engineer will serve as a Quality Control and Quality Assurance (QC and QA) resource for the Operations, Sales, Engineering and Quality departments and to Customers to ensure adherence to Customer requirements, regulatory requirements, and quality systems requirements.
Overview of Main Responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- Work within the company policies and customer guidelines to manage the quality control and assurance aspects of production and testing. Make recommendations for changes as appropriate.
- Responsible for the application of Customer and the company’s quality requirements. This includes updating procedures, work instructions, and forms and reviewing customer specifications.
- Design and refine methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection. Conduct analysis, design test equipment and complete research to determine effectiveness of methods. Work with Quality Manager on change implementation.
- Serve as a resource to supervisors, engineers, operations and the quality team for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Educate employees on company policies, including creating materials and delivering training.
- Lead and participate in internal, external, customer and regulatory quality audits.
- Act as a communication liaison to management regarding quality metrics, quality problems, trends, losses, and recommendations for quality improvements.
- Investigate customer returns including root cause determination and corrective action determination.
- Support supplier management activities as required, including supplier validation, auditing, and monitoring.
- Support process validation activities as requires, including input and analysis of process control data, and writing of protocols and reports.
- Inspect and certify materials.
The ideal Quality Engineer would look like:
- Bachelor's degree in quality engineering or other comparable engineering discipline or equivalent demonstrated skills and abilities.
- Minimum 3 years in Quality within a manufacturing environment requires. Experience with ISO 9001 standards required, plus AS 9100 and ISO 13485 standards preferred.
- PC Experience with Minitab, Excel, and Word software. Problem solving discipline or experience, audit experience; Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of quality assurance test methods, validation, statistical process control, and problem-solving methodologies.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michelle Mc Inerney ,