We have a new opening for a Quality Engineer for our client based in Tullamore.
You will represent and provide the expertise to support all aspects of the company’s operations on quality issues. You will participate in the development of the Quality Engineering function for the plant through the identification and introduction of new world class techniques and technologies. Liaise with Automated Production & Engineering to ensure that the goals, targets, and objectives of the organization are continuously met.
- Work as part of the Quality team in the overall support/service of the manufacturing operation, through the introduction of new technology/techniques, skill development, training, process optimisation and cost saving projects.
- Provide specialist quality and technical engineering support to all departments.
- Ensure the maintenance, management and development of our Quality Management System.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional teams & process improvement initiatives.
- Further develop our Quality Lab resource in line with product qualification and inspection demands.
- Ensure validation and qualification of all new and existing products, equipment and processes.
Skills and Requirements
- Must have level 8 Quality Engineering qualification.
- 5+ years’ Quality experience in a manufacturing working environment.
- A qualification in Lean/Six Sigma methodologies is an advantage.
- Good Interpersonal and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Proficient in various quality tools and the use of Microsoft Office suite of products etc.
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic and motivated approach to duties.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer awareness.
- A team player.
- Ability to liaise with personnel at all levels of the organisation.
- Methodical approach combined with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines and to work effectively within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to work autonomously as well as part of a team and display an understanding of teamwork culture.
- Versatile with the ability to learn new skills and tasks quickly.
- Reliable and punctual time management
For further details on this opportunity please contact Gillian Nicholson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Gillian on 0906450665