- Reference: CJ45187
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Munster, Tipperary, Waterford
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
QC Team Leader – Pharmaceutical Multinational
- To lead and supervise all activities associated with their quality control stream and ensure all such relevant activities comply with all GMP, GLP, EHS and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure QC team work in a safe manner and in accordance with Good Laboratory Practices.
- Perform duties in a compliant manner and behave in accordance with site SOP’s, EHS standards and guidelines and relevant legal requirements.
- Ensure Adherence to all safety standards – “Lead by Example”.
- Read and understand Standard Operation Procedures applicable to role.
- Report all accidents, incidents and any EHS issues using the appropriate process /system to your manager or, if required, the Occupational Health Advisor.
- Maintain work area in an inspection ready state and clean as you go to maintain good safe housekeeping standards.
- Be aware of the impact of your job activities on EHS.
- Conduct formal / informal safety audits / checks including safety contacts on a daily / weekly basis and ensure appropriate actions are identified to avoid reoccurrence and all identified actions are closed in a timely manner.
- Report any damaged or unsafe equipment or practice.
- Ensure that there is adherence to the garbing procedure and proper use & maintenance of PPE.
- Ensure all Risk Assessments are completed to schedule and that any new risks are identified and escalated to your manager immediately.
- Ensure EHS audit findings are thoroughly investigated and effective corrective and preventive action plans are in place to prevent a re-occurrence. Ensure timelines are adhered to.
- Generate Accident Reports & participate in Accident / Incident investigation where required.
- Chair weekly EHS meeting as per schedule and support monthly meetings as required.
- Ensure safety culture is embedded within the QC area.
- Ensure near miss target is achieved as per site scorecard.
- Escalate issues to the QC Manager as appropriate
- Manage the area during any unforeseen situations such as accidents/incidents, chemical Spillage’s, etc.
- Ensure QC team work in a compliant manner and in accordance with Good Manufacturing and Good Laboratory Practices.
- Ensure all quality audit findings are thoroughly investigated and effective corrective and preventive action plans are put in place to prevent a re-occurrence. Ensure timelines are adhered to.
- Be aware of the impact of your job activities on quality.
- Training of QC team in accordance with GLP.
- Review of completed analytical reports prior to OQ approval.
- Preparation, review and approval of in-house procedures e.g. SOPs, monographs, protocols etc.
- Decision-making and liaison with internal departments to disposition product in accordance with GMP.
- Troubleshooting analytical problems.
- Participate fully in our site’s quality initiatives and support quality continuous improvement programmes.
- Communicate with the QC Manager on a regular basis on QC status.
- Ensure Halal requirements are met in accordance with General Guidelines of Halal Assurance System LPPOM MUI for applicable Medical Device Products/Markets.
- Provide motivational and effective leadership for team members.
- Manage training and development plans for direct reports. Monitor personnel performance, time keeping and attendance and provide regular updates to the QC Manager.
- Responsible for direct supervision of the following activities:
- Sampling and testing activities relating to raw materials, packaging components, bulk product, finished product, stability and validation ensuring lead-times are adhered to
- Ensure there is a balanced workload among analysts
- Manage holiday applications and holiday cover
- Ensure thorough understanding of HR legislation and policies.
- Ability to provide key input into site management decisions.
- Building capability in team.
- Drive accountability within the team.
- Educated to a minimum of primary or higher science based degree level.
- 3-4 years’ experience in a pharmaceutical / healthcare industry in an analyst/ senior analyst / supervisory capacity.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Rory Walsh on 021 4911063 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!