The successful Quality Control Co-ordinator will join a well established company in the midlands who specialise in providing ingredient solutions to the food processing industry. Reporting to the QA Manager, the Quality Control Coordinator will assist in the overall management of the Food Safety & Quality Management System onsite.
This is a permanent position based in Athlone, Co. Westmeath. This job is best suited to to someone seeking a diverse role, the position offers great exposure to many departments and opportunity to be immersed in different elements of the business.
- Daily testing of finished product and generation of Certificates of Analysis.
- Carry out finished product allergen testing & Allergen cleaning verification.
- Conduct Daily Cleaning Checks and Co-ordination of Monthly Micro Testing Programme.
- Conduct QC Checks, e.g. Glass and Hard Plastic Audits, Weighing Scales Checks, Metal Detector Checks, GMP/Hygiene Audits, HACCP Verification Checks.
- Investigate non-conforming product and customer complaints.
- Assist with the implementation, co-ordination, management, and improvement of Food Safety and Quality Management Systems and Standards including BRC and customers standards.
- Participate in HACCP Team and assist with all site HACCP, pre-requisite quality programs, and all Quality/Food Safety related programmes to meet regulatory and food safety requirements.
- Assist with regulatory, 3rd party and internal audits.
- Assist Q.A. Manager with the implementation of CAPA programmes and ensure plant audit corrective action plans are implemented in an effective and timely manner.
- Work closely with Production Team to ensure continued focus on Food Safety, Quality, compliance, issue prevention, root cause problem solving and attention to detail.
- Supplier monitoring and issue of Supplier Non-Conformance Reports.
- Address quality issues (Internal and Customer Complaints) by implementing rigorous root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Maintain and update Laboratory and Quality Procedures.
- Performing Induction/refresher Training with production operatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or Quality Management.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in similar role within the food industry.
- Strong knowledge of HACCP, GMP, and BRC Food Safety Global Standard and experience implementing Quality Systems: BRC Food Safety Global Standard.
- Quality risk-based thinking and decision-making ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer application skills and time management.
- Attention to detail coupled with strong problem-solving ability.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Ranait Coughlan
(090) 6450664 (01) 66 200 88