Quality Control Coordinator- Food- Co Westmeath
Currently recruiting a Quality Control Coordinator for a food company based in Athlone Co Westmeath. The Quality Control Coordinator will report to the Quality Assurance Manager & liaise on a regular basis with internal and international colleagues.
The Quality Control Coordinator will assist in the overall Management of the Food Safety & Quality Management System on Site to ensure strict compliance with legal obligations and customer requirements and to ensure that products meet or exceed established standards of excellence.
Overview of your responsibilities (full job description available upon request):
· Assist with the implementation, co-ordination, management, and improvement of Food Safety and Quality Management Systems and Standards including BRC and customers standards.
· Participate in HACCP Team and assist with all site HACCP, pre-requisite quality programs, and all Quality/Food Safety related programmes to meet regulatory and food safety requirements.
· Assist with regulatory, 3rd party and internal audits.
· Assist Q.A. Manager with the implementation of CAPA programmes and ensure plant audit corrective action plans are implemented in an effective and timely manner.
· Work closely with Production Team to ensure continued focus on Food Safety, Quality, compliance, issue prevention, root cause problem solving and attention to detail.
· Daily testing of finished product and generation of Certificates of Analysis.
· Conduct Q.C. Checks, e.g., Glass and Hard Plastic Audits, Weighing Scales Checks, Metal Detector Checks, GMP/Hygiene Audits, HACCP Verification Checks.
· Training of production operatives (Induction & Refresher).
· Other projects and responsibilities may be defined by the Company or Q.A. Manager.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
· Honours Science degree in Food Science/ Quality Management preferrable.
· Minimum of 3 years Q.C. experience in a food manufacturing environment.
· Knowledge and experience implementing Quality Systems: BRC Food Safety Global Standard.
· Strong knowledge of HACCP, GMP and BRC Food Safety Global Standard.
· Self –starter, work under own initiative, assertive and highly motivated.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Excellent organisational and planning skills.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Nicola Egan.