My client, based in Co Monaghan are a well known poultry production organisation who are committed to developing a sustainable business model that will deliver value to suppliers, customers, employees and shareholders. We have a new opening for a Quality Assurance Supervisor
The Quality Assurance Supervisor will be responsible for implementing the Quality Management System to deliver safe products to meet customer specifications.
- Will lead, supervise, and coach QA and production team leaders & other employees in the areas of product and raw material conformance and process control.
- Ensure the Food Safety HACCP plan is always adhered to within the entire plant, therefore ensuring safe products are released every time.
- Conducts relevant audits, documents activities, and brings about corrective actions, as needed.
- Manage the incoming inspection process for ingredients.
- Monitor site hygiene standards and ensure agreed standards are implemented.
- Support production team in producing safe, high-quality products for customers, ensuring quality of processed output, compliance with food legislation and communicating results accordingly.
- Completion of and maintenance of both raw material and finished product specifications for all products for retailers.
- Monitor the quality of raw materials and finished product to ensure they comply with the agreed specifications. The specifications will require sufficient detail in order to create a structure for the accurate evaluation of product & raw material quality.
- Compilation of data on hygiene, GMP, complaints, micro, product quality, supplier quality.
- Documentation Control – Ensure compliance to documentation control procedure and accuracy of completion, storage, and speed of retrieval of historical records.
- General support to site to raise standards in food safety and quality.
- Experience in a position of responsibility within a quality related function in a FMCG manufacturing environment
- BRC Standards and Customer codes of practice
- Knowledge of food legislation
- Food safety and/or HACCP training
- Exposure to NPD in FMCG manufacturing environment.
- Production Process knowledge
- Good standard of spoken and written English, which will allow written instructions to be read and effectively communicated.
- Solid level of numeracy – ability to calculate and report on performance.
- A high level of flexibility is required.
- Strong analytical background and organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel
- Commercial awareness
- Attention to detail
- Good Interpersonal Skills (ability to manage a team effectively, work with other departments)
- Ability to develop a team and to identify team members skills and areas for improvement
- Ability to proactively identify potential problems, identify solutions, evaluate these, and implement them in a timely manner
- Project Management
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Gillian Nicholson