- Reference: GJ46922
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Connacht, Galway, Galway City
- Category: Medical Devices
- Provide quality support to assigned production departments ensuring product manufactured conforms to quality standards and specifications, GMP’s of all medical device regulatory agencies.
- Preparation of daily/weekly/monthly metrics for areas of responsibility.
- Monitor and evaluate quality inspection procedures to ensure consistency, compliance and effectiveness, making recommendations for improvement and/or adjustment where needed to Technical Teams / Management for assigned Production Departments (Component, Sub Assembly & Finished Goods). Where appropriate implement approved changes.
- Performing of Internal and supplier quality audits and provision of support for internal and external regulatory audits.
- Non-conforming product review and disposition; investigation of deviations/returned goods and implementation of appropriate and effective corrective / preventive actions to improve product quality and output.
- Providing guidance, direction to product line Quality Assurance Technicians and Auditors, Team Leaders / Supervisors on quality aspects of products relating to production departments assigned.
- Provide Quality Performance Information to members of Senior Management.
- Review of document change orders to evaluate each change for quality related issues, initial product release documentation review.
- Completion of retrospective validation, prospective validation or revalidation of products / processes / tooling or methods as necessary.
- Quality representative on relevant Technical Team(s).
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required
Summary of Minimum Qualifications:
- Degree in Quality Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Quality environment, preferably in Healthcare/Medical Device industry.
- Knowledge of quality principles as defined in the regulations and the ability to utilize these methods in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing and other applicable software programs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information and ideas in a variety of media, tactful, confident, at all levels, internal and external.
- Ability to write clearly and informatively technical documentation, routine reports, correspondence, procedures and work flows. Presents numerical data effectively.
- Ability to work as part of a team and meet targets/goals efficiently; take the lead in all quality related issues, set the pace/ standard for the teams that you are part of; ensure that work continues to flow at all times.
- Ability to work under strict time constraints and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Ability to read and understand complex manufacturing and production information, including production drawings, work orders, and related manufacturing and quality specifications.
- Demonstrate organisational values (Customer First, Achieving Excellence, Developing People, Flexibility and Integrity) in carrying out of all assigned responsibilities/tasks
- Experience of applying Lean Six Sigma/8-Step problem solving techniques to improve business processes & performance is desirable
- Christopher O'Toole
- Principal Consultant & Team Lead
- 091 706713
- Connect with ChristopherLinkedINEmail
The attractiveness of the Midwest as a region to set up a world class manufacturing operation and source top talent across a range of roles was further endorsed this week with the announcement from Edwards Lifesciences to set up a European manufacturing site in Shannon with the creation of 60 jobs initially and further ramping […]read whole article
Question: I am responsible for managing two junior staff members at an advertising firm. They work on projects together but have their own specific tasks to carry out. When it comes to presenting their work to myself and my superiors, one of the members has a habit of hogging the limelight and claiming credit for […]read whole article
Everything you need to know to find a job, including; how to prepare a CV and cover letter, how to prepare for a job interview, how to navigate the modern job market, and much more.view more
This report provides you with all of the recent developments in the medical technology sector in Ireland, including skills availability, graduate output, industry trends, regional investment, and our expectations for the year ahead.view more