Based with a highly established and successful Irish company who set up a new manufacturing site in Ballyfermot in 2021, the QC Technician will be Responsible for checking the quality of products that are manufactured, delivered, or returned to site in the structural area of the factory. The person will carry out in-process inspections, be actively involved in stock containment/sorting exercises and liaising with all departments to ensure quality is maintained throughout the shift to ensure the business is producing products to the highest standard.
- Conducting factory sample checks and recording in accordance with procedures.
- Inspection and testing before, during and after welding.
- Assisting in audits and conduct routine internal audits on this standard.
- Calibration and validation of measuring, inspection and testing equipment.
- Ensuring all powder coated product is to standard and that all QC inspections of product are completed prior to product being sent out
- Responsible for regular reviews of all procedures in the structural department.
- The successful candidate will also be asked to assist in the non-structural manufacturing department of the factory.
- Carrying out traceability and recall tests.
- Assisting the Quality Manager with carrying out internal audits as and when required.
- Assisting with the investigations and containment of products due to customer complaints.
- Assisting with the management of complaints to suppliers, relevant investigations and communication with suppliers and involved areas, elaborating necessary reports.
- Assisting with investigations for Internal/External non-conformities, coordinating the cross functional team involved.
- Housekeeping of Quality Testing area and ensuring Health & Safety standards are met.
- Flexibility to cover other shifts depending on sickness/annual leave.
- Any other reasonable duties as and when required.
- Previous experience within a Quality Inspection Role.
- Must have past knowledge of welding.
- Previous experience with measurement and testing equipment.
- Must have worked with structural steel fabrication in the past and Powder Coating experience would be viewed favourably.
- Structured, self-motivated, and passionate about detail.
- Result-oriented individual who is comfortable dealing with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a challenging, result-orientated environment.
- Work accurately with attention to detail and able to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- PC literate and competent in the MS Office suite.
- An ability to learn new IT systems quickly.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eoghan Dalton.